Flue Space Keeper – Pallet Safety Stop
for Transverse Flue Spaces
The Original Flue Keeper™ was designed to keep boxes from encroaching into the transverse flue space in order to improve sprinkler penetration to products within the pallet rack structure. These pallet safety stops meet NFPA standards and all fire codes in the US. The easy to use brackets allow for quick and effortless installation of racking flue space keepers. US Patent #7,857,152.
- Allows your sprinkler system to function as designed
- Provides 3″ transverse flue space on each side of rack post (6″ total)
- Heavy duty tube member designed for up to 48″ frames (deeper by special request)
- Pallet safety stop flue keepers can be used at pallet and/or product elevations
- Racking flue space keepers can be used at pallet and/or product elevations
- Satisfies insurance company guidelines and local building inspector criteria (may be required by International Fire Code 2012 Edition)
- Connectors available for all major rack brands
- Suitable for new installations or scheduled retrofit programs
Interested in our Flue Keeper?
Request more info.
Call now! 951.395.0280
Original Flue Keeper™
The Original Flue Keeper™ was created to prevent boxes from entering the transverse flue space to enhance sprinkler penetration to products surrounding the pallet rack structure. These pallet racking safety stops adhere to National Fire Protection Association regulations and all fire codes in the United States. These user-friendly brackets allow for fast and easy installation. US Patent #7,857,152.
HD Flue Keeper™
Similar to the Original HD Flue Keeper™, this pallet racking safety stop prevents transverse flue encroachment but was designed specifically for use with palletized goods. US Patent #7,857,152.
HD Structural Flue Keeper™
The Heavy Duty (HD) Structural Flue Keeper™ was designed to attach to structural pallet racking.
Excerpts from submittal requirements | Rack Flue Spaces-CFC 3208.03 – Requirements for flue space keepers within the rack storage are provided in CFC Table 3208.3 (attached). Single and double row racks shall be equipped with a transverse flue space. A mechanical means shall be provided to maintain the transverse flue space at the uprights (Attachment 7, Method 1). The device and its installation method shall be identified on the plan. Transverse flue spaces between uprights shall be marked with a 3 or 6 inch yellow strip on the load beam with words in red that read, “Keep Clear,” as indicated below. Durable vinyl tape, paint, or other methods as approved by OCFA may be used.